Digital World
Digital World
Digital World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Digital World

This is a Digimon discussion forum for Digimon fans all over the world. Discussions include console Digimon games, MMOs Digimon games, strategies, TV series, movies.We hope to enjoy your state

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Wellcome to The Digital World Forums.Enjoy your stay here DigiFriends!!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Digimon – Hatch 3/5, 4/5, or 5/5
Have you ever tested before? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 9:46 am by fibber1209

» Mercenary Digiegg Drop Rate
Have you ever tested before? EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 8:42 pm by fibber1209

» Mercenary digieggs
Have you ever tested before? EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 8:26 pm by fibber1209

» Hey all. nice to meet you.
Have you ever tested before? EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 4:29 pm by LazurealVanBuisen

» ATTENTION ALL ANCIENT WARRIORS!!!!
Have you ever tested before? EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 3:34 pm by Arthur Sataine

» 3 hour play timer.
Have you ever tested before? EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 11:37 am by Arthur Sataine

» In Game Name
Have you ever tested before? EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 9:12 pm by Arthur Sataine

» GDMO News Website/Facebook
Have you ever tested before? EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 1:09 am by Arthur Sataine

» POSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have you ever tested before? EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm by Arthur Sataine

DigiCounter

Have you ever tested before?

Go down 
2 posters

Have you beta tested before?
Yes, I have both alpha and beta tested.
Have you ever tested before? I_vote_lcap17%Have you ever tested before? I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Yes, I have been in many closed beta tests.
Have you ever tested before? I_vote_lcap33%Have you ever tested before? I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
Yes, I have been in a few closed, but mostly open beta tests.
Have you ever tested before? I_vote_lcap0%Have you ever tested before? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Yes, but only just a few open beta tests.
Have you ever tested before? I_vote_lcap0%Have you ever tested before? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No, I have not but understand what they are.
Have you ever tested before? I_vote_lcap33%Have you ever tested before? I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
No, I have no clue what a beta test is.
Have you ever tested before? I_vote_lcap17%Have you ever tested before? I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
Arthur Sataine
Arthur Sataine

Have you ever tested before? Empty
PostSubject: Have you ever tested before?   Have you ever tested before? EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 6:04 pm

This is a simple poll I am starting to see just how experienced our members are with beta testing at any level. So, vote up and let me see. And feel free to post any and all experiences/games you care to share with us.
Back to top Go down
Paradox
Digitama
Digitama
Paradox

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever tested before?   Have you ever tested before? EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 3:31 am

i wish i could play it :/
Back to top Go down
Arthur Sataine
Arthur Sataine

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever tested before?   Have you ever tested before? EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 2:33 pm

I do too. And now, I am going to explain to you what a beta, and its various stages, is.

Alpha (Pre-CBT)- The first stage of testing. The game is run for a small amount of players. These players are usually company employees or friends and family. Alpha stage testing is used to find bugs, glitches, errors and other incomplete aspects of a game. In Alpha stage, the game is vastly incomplete and isn't very fun to play as. People are playing to find everything wrong with the game and report it to the developers in order to fix them in the future. All characters and player data are deleted after Alpha testing has completed.

Closed Beta Testing (CBT)- Closed beta testing is similar to Alpha testing. However, the game is more polished and has more content. Also, almost all the bugs and glitches from Alpha stage have been addressed. This stage of testing is open to a wider, yet exclusive, group of people. Closed beta testing is used to find new bugs, glitches, etc that may have arisen after Alpha testing and as a result of new code being introduced. In this stage, players are still not playing for fun. They are playing to test the game. Hence the T in CBT. All characters and player data are deleted after closed beta testing has completed.

Open Beta Testing (OBT)- Open beta testing is open to the general public to come on in and enjoy the game. Almost all prior bugs and glitches have been addressed and amended. However, the developer still asks that player report any and all bugs they come across. The primary focus of open beta testing is to stress test the servers to see what amount of population they can safely handle. The core game and content is usually complete in this stage of testing, so players will experience the entirety of the initial content. More often than not, players keep their characters and player data after open beta testing has completed.

Gold- The final and official release of a game. Almost every single bug, glitch, error and oversight has been completely fixed. The servers have been tested and the game has received the green light to launch. More often than not, player characters and data have been carried over from OBT to Gold release. Enjoy the game.

Finally, your post was completely off topic. Paradox, please go and read our rules.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever tested before?   Have you ever tested before? Empty

Back to top Go down

Have you ever tested before?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Digital World :: Digimon Masters Online (DMO) :: Polls-
Jump to: